quote:
Originally posted by Gingerbread Man:
quote:
Originally posted by TPM:
quote:
Originally posted by Gingerbread Man:
quote:
Originally posted by J H:
bsbl247: You did say the same thing, sorry. It was late here when I read this thread, I guess the mind retains information better when it's fresh.

GBM- Why would you ever want your kids to throw a ball right down the middle in a bullpen? That's never the goal in a game, so why practice something that you wouldn't execute on the field?

There are times in a game when a fastball down the middle is just what the doctor ordered. I don't know about where you guys play and what it is like but with a 3-0 count and bases loaded, I am calling for a fastball right down the middle. Maybe they don't play baseball like that where you come from but the way it's played here- if you desperately need a strike call, nothing better than piping one down the middle.

I even see that strategy in the majors as well.

This was the scenerio given was it not?

This is the strategy in the majors? Where?

Did you watch any of the Braves vs. Phillies tonight? Game on the line, bottom of the ninth inning, tying run in scoring position, Kimbrel behind in the count, and where does McCann set up for the next pitch- FASTBALL DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE PLATE. He actually set up several times in the inning- fastball down the middle of the plate.

Need I say more? Get off my back now, let's move on. This is getting ridiculous.

Wait a minute you big jerk, go back and read my post, I NEVER said that they don't throw it down the middle did I?

What I refuted was that you would call it on a 3-0 count with bases loaded, were they loaded?
Last edited by TPM