Skip to main content

Reply to "Long toss vs. actual pitching velocity"

quote:
Originally posted by BOF:
You seem to bring little Timmy up a lot to describe what 100's, maybe 1,000's of other pitchers can't accomplish. The fact is that he is indeed a "freak" one of a kind pitcher.

He's called a "freak" because he doesn't fit most people's ideas of how to pitch. Either he's a freak, or most people don't understand how velocity is generated. So, that's why I like to think about Timmy when I'm considering velocity improvements.

quote:

I do not know him, but from what I have read Lincecom is actually not a weakling, as you seem to think he is. He is extremely athletic, can do handstands walking around the infield, and other athletic activities that others can't even come close to doing.

I don't think he could bench much. Of course I have read the things you mentioned. Maybe pitchers should be doing handstands instead of LT? Smile

quote:
I could not find the one I was looking for but this gives you an idea that this kid was not going to be able to stride out and support the landing of a Lincecom, just not physically possible.

My son probably weighs less and he is up to 105% of height this week. He added the last 6 inches in a few weeks of practicing to increase his stride length. The first day he said "I can't go that far". The last day he said "That was easy".
Last edited by SultanofSwat