Skip to main content

Reply to "Long toss vs. actual pitching velocity"

quote:
Originally posted by Coach_May:
Long toss is for baseball players. The fact is the kids who are the best at long toss have the best arms. When your guys are on the field long tossing your best players will be long tossing together. They will be the ones with the best arms. And the guys that can throw to each other. The players that take the time to work on a consistent long toss program are the same guys that take the time to work harder in the cage. Take the time to work harder at the game. I don't know what others experience is with long toss outside of their own kids experience. But from my experience the players that long toss on a consistent basis simply have stronger arms than those that do not and have not. In fact its not even close. But that is just my experience with players over many years. If your experience leads you to see something different fine.

I've got three that have been working on it for about a month now. They were doing it incorrectly so I had them watch the little 5 minute Jaeger video promotion. It worked. They are really getting in to it (bit of competition not too much) and they have added about 90 feet from when they started.

I was watching them today, relaxed, talking baseball playoffs, but working. What impressed me is how much their mechanics are smoothing out from it.

It was nice to see.