Skip to main content

Reply to "Looking for two players (a view on this kind of ad)"

We had a kid in the same program who was fast and could cover a lot of ground. He always played first base when he was younger. The HS coach saw him as a CF, and he would have been very good there. He would have competed with my son for playing time. The HS coach had him moved up from Freshman to JV to start working on becoming a center fielder. JV coach wanted to win and wanted to start my son in CF, that is where he saw my son playing varsity. I did not care. But this young mans parents got so mad and pestered the JV coach whenever he put there son in CF instead of First base. They thought all the premium players were in the infield. Eventually the JV coach got tired of it and told the head coach he did not want the kid on JV anymore. The kid was moved back down to the Freshman team and he moved back to first base. They tired him at Cf next year on JV, but by that time my son was entrenched on varsity at CF. There was also a new Head coach, He dealt with the kid and his parents for one meeting. Shortly after that the kid retired from baseball. 

The parents did not understand that CF is a premium position. Some parents do not understand that it is best to learn different positions when young. If makes you more useful when you get older.