Skip to main content

Reply to "Lost Hope/Cause?"

quote:
Originally posted by RRCody:
Hello everyone ,
First off id like to introduce myself im Cody im new to these forums as you can see and im seeking a little guidance,

Im going to provide you alot of background info::

Ive been playing baseball since i was about 5 years old off and on, Currently im 16, 6'4 235 pounds, I am entering my Senior year in highschool and embarrassingly enough Ive been cut the past 2 years from our baseball team , which ranked 3# in the state in preseason poll but this year we lost in the 2nd round of the play offs. I'm very Frustrated and highly discouraged , but i love this game like noting else in life. Since December ive been actively lifting weights intensely everyday ,My max's include a 220 bench press , 330 squat , 449 dead-lift. Power has never been my issue , ive always crushed the ball when i make contact , but that is the issue making contact. my defense isn't solid but isn't bad either. Also i have great speed for my size 4.79 40 speed time. At my high-school ive never really felt i was ever given a fair shot. But anyways , basically what i'm asking is in your opinion what should i do , continue trying? If so could i get some tips , anything is helpful and much appreciated.

Post a clip of your swing and I'll try to help all I can. You say you are 16 and going to be a Senior. If you improve enough in the off season to make the team and get a little playing time, you could possibly stay in high school another year. It's up to you how hard you want to work. The other thing to do is get on a team this Summer so you can guage your progress.