Skip to main content

Reply to "Lots of scheduling dillemas..."

BaseballMom,

Thanks for your comments.

I would like to think that being only a frosh the coach would understand but did wonder if his decision would have a negative affect. Perhaps the coach is considering varsity possibilities as you mention since it was the varsity coach that recruited him to the h.s.. Fairly certain the boys would take him under their wing as they seem like a good bunch and tried to assure him of this. Do believe son's decision is more of a social thing as maturity and interest level can vary greatly with the few years difference at this age. Much to our surprise, son tells us this evening that he's now going. He said the coach called him into his office today to discuss (couple of seniors were also in his office!) and coach said he was holding a ticket open for him so he told coach he would go. However, I can tell in speaking with him he is still is not 100 pct sure about this as he asked if I would come and there are a dozen or so other parents making the trip.

"On two legs, Mickey Mantle would have been the greatest ballplayer who ever lived." - Nellie Fox