Skip to main content

Reply to "Louisburg Junior College?"

OldVaMan, very good post about how money is ran at most schools. Surry has an outstanding ability to be cheaper than any other school in NC somehow, whether the student is from in-state or out of state. I know of several players that have gone there absolutely free, with no loans included (housing is also free to some). Surry recruits VA and WV heavily and are steadily moving north. There program is very young (8 y/o I think) and have already won the regional championship. I have also seen that they have signed a player from MD this year, so it looks like the recruiting up north is beginning to pay off. From what I hear they are very honest with their players, even when they are recruiting. A lot of times they lose recruits because they (Surry's coaches) won't guaratee playing time or promise that they will be drafted or whatever it may be that other schools will promise. Surry has also signed a few players for the sole reason of this as well because the player and his parents value their honesty. OldVaMan, I hope your son had a great year. Is your son the Renfrow kid? If so, is he getting any pro interest and why didn't he pitch much during the end of the year? I heard he was injured, if so, is he ok? Thanks.
Last edited by 44magnum