Skip to main content

Reply to "Low to mid D1 vs D2 Choice"

As RJM said, this summer is "the time" for him to get noticed.  When you say his travel coaches say he is D1 material....what are they doing to promote him to those schools?  My son moved to a well known organization the summer after his junior year in HS and it was unbelievable how quickly things started with regard to recruiting.  A lot of coaches at their games....and his travel coaches were calling him every couple days telling him they had gotten a call from a coach and wondered if my son would be interested in their school.   What has your son done to promote himself?  He should be emailing any and all schools that he has interest in.  Include a video if he has one....and definitely include a link to his PBR profile.     As for your worry about the 7.4.  That's not a problem.  My son was recruited as a PO...but played 1B and DH his senior year due to an arm injury and I'm fairly sure he wasn't much better than that.  Hit it hard enough and the speed isn't a huge issue....especially for a 1B.   Good luck to your son!