Skip to main content

Reply to "Low to mid D1 vs D2 Choice"

Originally Posted by oldmanmoses:

college parent  that is not exactly true. Sons Juco  here in Florida, Southern Conference, last two years saw plenty of top tier pitching, plenty of pro prospects. He made first team all conference last year and 6 of those kids were drafted. I think it depends on area and program. Son went D2 here in Florida. Plenty of very strong D2s here in Florida including most of sunshine state conference, which has defending D2 champs.  

I think you misunderstand my comment.  JC positon players are drafted from all over the place every year, no question,  however you don't see many going in the first three rounds that aren't named Harper.  The pitching competition the JC players are generally going against is not the same as the ACC/SEC/PAC10 etc.so the scouts "discount" the player in terms of draft position.  My son was  told "we like you but to draft you higher$ we need to see how you hit against better pitching everyday". My sons JC team starting rotation probebley threw 83,87,90, while his ACC team starting rotation threw 92(L),93, 95.