Skip to main content

Reply to "Main purpose of fall hs games?"

Originally Posted by IEBSBL:
Originally Posted by playball2011:

IMO don't like them. Depends on how much kids played, esp pitchers in Summer. If they pitched in HS, then on travel teams every weekend, which many do, then they should take a break and just have HS practices on field. P need to work on flat ground during Off season. They can still keep arm in condition and ready for Spring.  Have seen too many fall injuries where I am from overuse. Some kids have been known to play on more than one Summer team, filling in on friends team when they can. Crazy. 

IMO they should get good jump on academics, get grades up, because during baseball season it gets tougher to do. Work on drills few days after school to keep in shape and call it a day. 

Just my two cents.

Back up SS, new transfer SS, and JV SS all want to be the starting SS.  Without games how do you decide who plays?  Also, if you are moving a kid to a new position how do you see if they can make the adjustment?

Through drills at practice and scrimmage. If u have  3 SS to see in game what happens if best one has bad game and misses one? Or what happens if they only get one or two balls hit to them all game?  Your going to have to look at them again during tryouts anyway. What if #2 guy gets lessons or works out over winter and is better by Spring. 

My guess is all 3 of these guys played Summer ball. I'm saying P need a break and should stop playing games for awhile.