Skip to main content

Reply to "Make your bet - "The Cooler""

As soon as the boo-birds came out in NY I became an A-Rod fan. Pros like A-Rod do not deserve that kind of reaction.

First let me clarify that 9/11 will never take a backseat to anything that has happened in my life, it was a National tragedy that happened to occur in NYC.

With that said.....Has anyone noticed since the 9/11 tragedy that the media seems to go after NYC sports teams and fans of every sport fans with "kid gloves". There used to be some National gusto and pride in trying to destroy King George's empire. Sure most out of town press has backed A-Rod through his lynching, but 6 years ago they would have had a field day with the fans of NYC and their unappreciative and insensitive behavior. Maybe I'm the one out of wack, but the press seems to have shifted to a gentler "line" concerning the Yankees yet the Yankee fans borish and pompus attitude still resides. I'm not sure if it's nothing but 9/11 fallout.

I only hope that if the Yanks get to, and win the World Series, that A-Rod is the MVP. Then let's see how he is treated.
Last edited by rz1