Skip to main content

Reply to "Make your bet - "The Cooler""

Wow! All the hate mongers came out way back when , when I called him his MLB nickname, "The Cooler".
Fact: ARod is one of the most talented players in the game.
Fact: ARod will be mentioned with the greats and will make the HOF.
Fact: ARod's bad years are career years for some others.
Fact: ARod and only ARod thinks the weight of the world is on his shoulders, thinks the fans care whether he comes thru or not.
See, if he does his part and doesn't implode, and the Yanks win (oh no!) then the fans will accept him.
But he came here wth a rep between players that he is extremely talented, and much in love with himself. He shows it in his face after every error, lacks professionalism.
Until he learns to wear Jeter's face after an error, and move on and contribute positively for his team, he will continue to be looked at as a Non-Clutch guy, and that seems to drive him crazy.
I am sure most of you read or heard of Giambi's (Roid head) displeasure with him at the seasons end. Jeter was also quoted and so was Torre. They implied that he has to show up and do more when it counts. Giambi told him to his face in front of reporters.
What did ARod respond with. I won't quote because I only heard that part on BBT. But he said something like he already did alot, why don't they pick on somebody else.
He should own up and tell the press that he will bear his share of responsibility, (beacause thats what they want to hear and so do fans) and then move on like a pro.
That may not happen in my lifetime.
Several past teammates have expressed dislike for the guy and many have liked him as well.
I could never hate or dislike the guy, I just see what I see, JMHO.