Skip to main content

Reply to "Makeup - Acquired or Inherited trait?"

quote:
This is they age old nurture/nature question. Based on my experiences, I go with Nature here. Scientific research in brain development during the past 20+ years has revealed how much of our behavioral traits are set by chromosome tracers, in the uterus before birth.

Prime9,

That's very interesting. My question would be, is it possible to reverse or change those behavioral traits? If not, maybe no one should ever be released from prison.

Also I agree... Leadership, character, etc. can be a part of someones makeup, but so does everything else that is non physical. Unless we are talking about physical makeup. But it is almost always the mental makeup that is responsible for success or failure. Many very gifted athletes have never come close to reaching their potential because they don't have what it takes mentally. Many lesser physically talented athletes have far surpassed any scouts estimation and have come close to reaching their full potential because they are so strong mentally.

Some positive makeup ingredients to one person might be considered negative traits by another person. Did Pete Rose have championship makeup?

To me, this is a very interesting topic. Personally I believe makeup is just as important, maybe even more so in some cases, than physical talent. Yet, it is the hardest to define and the toughest to evaluate correctly. Maybe it's inherited, I'm sure it is to some extent, but I think everyone should try hard to acquire it!
Last edited by PGStaff