Skip to main content

Reply to "Manny gone from Boston"

I read a lot of dreaming on here. Manny at his best is what the red sox wanted. When he was his best, he was accepted by fans, players and management for "Manny being Manny". But when a player becomes a dog, he is no better than any other player, so it was definitely time for him to move on. He was becoming a cancer in the clubhouse and thats a sure way to loose.
He was not and never will be a 5 tool player. He will be good, but only as good as his lineup in L.A. Why will national league pitchers pitch to him, when they can pitch around him? He is getting older, and nobody thought more of himself than Manny did.
Bay has never hit in a lineup like Bostons and in that type of hitters park, he will do well, but nobody expects him to hit like Manny. He will field better, run the bases better, hit well and treat others in the clubhouse with respect. I can't believe how everyone has the Dodgers going to the playoffs because of Manny. He may be the next Andruw, who knows. If he doesn't like something about L.A., watch out.
The Yankees will not be dumb enough to give another aging former star too much money, when they're stuck with a declining Damon, a questionable Abreu and nobody to play center. Nady was a good pickup.
As for them sox, they needed a change in the positive direction and they still have Ortiz, Drew, Lowell, Youk, Pedroia and now Bay. They will compete to the end, and in the short series formats, pitching will make the difference. Thats my take.