Skip to main content

Reply to "Manny gone from Boston"

You guys don't get it...

If I had a team and Bonds and Ramirez were available I'd take both of them right know over Jason Bay and Curt Schilling any day.

If Bonds wants a big recliner chair in the club house and Ramirez wants something likewise to play and be happy they would get it from me...as long as all the other players were treated the same way. That means I would make accomodations for my players to keep them happy.

If you don't understand that concept go to the 49er dynasties under Di Bartolo where he flew his teams in private first class accomodation lavished them with large bonuses and gave them extra incentives to do well. After 5 Super Bowls I got the point. So did the NFL and they went about instituting the cap and all the other garbage that has made the NFL one level just above college ball...but nothing to get excited about anymore.

What the owners and GMS don't understand it's not about them...it's about winning! otherwise all the money and hype is meaningless. It's about the players and the fans and keeping both of them revved up to support the program. That's how the Yankees used to do it, but now the Yankee organization is more bottomline oriented to the dismantling of the cohesion and pride of what once they used to have. Even the local NY sports writers sense the difference and it is now ugly to watch the Yankee train wreck every year.

Yeah I'd take the non-5 tool players like Bonds and Ramirez over players like Jason Bay anyday of the week.

JMO
Last edited by LLorton