Skip to main content

Reply to "Manny gone from Boston"

quote:
Originally posted by LLorton:
Both players OBP around .450, Slug% around .600 amd fielding at 98%. That's All-star caliber quality. Hitting over .300 and last time I checked stolen base % is a function of situation and called by the coaches. The NL plays a different game with no DH that impacts Ramirez's numbers.

What's amazing to me is two great players, and it seems to me the sports writers are in cahoots with the MLB is in the process of trying to destroy both of these players career legacy's.

For those of you who think Jason Bay is going to be better for the Sox put this stat in your calculation...As ESPN reports Jason Bay though stats very comparable to Ramirez for 2008 season but not close with runners in scoring position BA .219. Ramirez BA with runners in scoring position .309 I think the Dodgers will gain ground and the Sox won't make the playoffs this season.

Heard comments by Curt Schilling about Ramirez and he went into everything about the man except what's important in baseball...can he play, and is he a winner. Curt Schilling just show'd me something that tell's me why the Sox are not a good organization. Who the he*ll is Schilling to be judging anyone, the big phony!!!

Welcome to the Dodgers, Manny
JMO
Manny was threatening to sit out the remainder of the season. He did it once before. What numbers would he have put up not playing?

The guy quit on his teammates once before. He was doing it again. Even his friends on the team wanted him gone.