Skip to main content

Reply to "Many Thoughts"

Bob - I just returned from a very exciting road trip for my son's college team. They ended up winning two out of three games against a very high-ranked team, which has hopefully assured them a chance to move on to post season play. Throughout the rollercoaster weekend, I kept thinking about this site and how much it has meant to me and my son. You and the folks on this site helped me immensely as our family navigated through the mystery of the college draft and I cannot begin to thank you enough. The friends I have met on this site - both in and out of the Ladies Lounge, are priceless. While I 'lurk' a bit more than I used to, I don't think I miss too much (as your site manager can attest to, I'm sure). I do a little speaking to organizations and often use this site as my best example of what 'community' really is. By design or default, you have created a very special place - and I'm proud to be a member. One last thing; as my son's team was getting ready to board their bus this evening on the way to the airport, he asked if I had heard what the Stanford score was. When I said 'no', he just looked at me and said, 'Don't you have any baseball mom's that you can call and find out?' And of course, thanks to you, Bob, I did...

My best to you and your family.

P.S. In my opinion, you could not have chosen a better person to turn the reigns over to, Bob - thank you for making such a wise choice! applaude