Skip to main content

Reply to "Marking Launch angles in batting cages?"

Ok I am here!  I would teach the major league swing. This of course should be the same as a good college swing. That's the goal. I don't believe in cutting corners for expediency only to have to reprogram the kid later. While there is certainly some variance generally speaking an attack angle (what we can control mechanically and different than launch angle) of 10 to 15 degrees is what I would strive for.   Launch angle of anywhere from 15 to 25ish. Maybe a tad more as well. And swing as hard as you can within your mechanics. This would not change for me regardless of age. Truth is a more level swing promotes even less contact at young ages. The angle the slow pitching of youth comes in at is much steeper than the roughly 8 degrees in MLB. So let's just say it's coming in at 15 degrees. Then a 15 degree attack angle really would simply be level to the plane of the pitch. Nothing more damaging than teaching young kids to hit ground balls because they are often hits. Does nothing for their future. Turn and burn!!