Skip to main content

Reply to "Marking Launch angles in batting cages?"

Gov posted:

Curious if anybody else is seeing all these self proclaimed hitting "gurus"  tweeting:   "hit it in the air, it's the only way"?  This should be a gradual thing as kids first learn to hit it hard, then gradually adjusting the launch angles as they get stronger.  Two players on son's team with mediocre velocity are aiming for the fences all the time: results are easy pop fly's to the OF.  Sure, some are going to drop, but the results aren't helping the team, and the kids self esteem's aren't the greatest (which is a learning lesson of baseball in itself).  Lots of good things happen when you're hitting the ball hard, and the kids develop a good approach, along with learning to time up advanced pitching. 

Gov,

some where back in this thread posted that I believe people fall in love with MLB stats, percentages and numbers. The truth is IMO the games are different, 90 MPH one hoppers in HS baseball find holes A WHOLE LOT of times where in the MLB they may well get eaten up...HS baseball a few kids who should be looking to launch it high and deep but it is the exception not the rule., again IMO

it is pretty apparent not everyone agrees...that being said I think there are times and places where SAC bunts in HS are good - LOL I know  I know how stupid am I!!!!