Skip to main content

Reply to "Marshall mechanics"

Deemax,
quote:
dirt-“Hope you do but I seriously doubt it!” Dee-“Ahh, is the Marshall excuse machine already getting rollin'?”

What is that, a talking point? You make an excuse then call it a Marshall excuse when Marshall does not post here nor make excuses, **** I wish I new how those emoticons worked?

quote:
“The season hasnt started yet, give the kid a chance. If he is in the starting rotation, I will go see him, if not I wont.”

I hear ya; at least you’ll do that!

quote:
“Are you going to get in your car, drive to Bakersfield and back”

I doubt it but maybe? If it was to help convince me to change just a few things to wipe out youth arm injuries I would say yes definitely, lets go even if he is middle relief.
Heck, I might even fly out all the way to Florida for that!
I’ll bet you can e-mail coach Maley and he would tell you exactly when Mike F. was going to pitch but that probably would not matter because all of coach Maleys pitchers are taught by him who is a Marshall practitioner and they all probably have Marshall tenets built in to their deliveries to some degree, all of them. If you go? Would you please interview coach Maley personally and see what he thinks, I’m sure he would give you the time and you can report back to us if you don’t mind? I wish I could be there to do the same.
I wish I could go see Sam pitch full Marshall at his university, I wonder what his fastball at 80 Traditional with no College interest has turned into now after full Marshall change over.

quote:
“to see a kid that you dont know throw”

You’re the one who said he would like to see just one, then I gave you the opportunity.

quote:
“and that might not pitch? Its not reasonable.”

You seemed more interested a while back? Did you ever find out what Mike F’s velocity was when he was traditional?

MTS,

quote:
“A Marshall type pitcher would have ended up in the emergency room.”

And how many traditional pitchers have ended up there to date?
Speculation with out testing leaves statements like this in the guessing realm.
Every pitcher goes to a different place with his glove just watch them all, there are few who do it correct or close to correct.

A Marshall trained pitcher is taught to powerfully supinate his glove by pulling back his
Glove arm along with his shoulders (force couple) to a position where the glove ends up right next to your cheek where you triceps (the fastest muscle in the arm) can contract to reposition the glove against line drives instantly, much better than traditional pitchers who’s gloves are usually trying to counter balance ball arm forearm flyout by rushing away from the body and head centrifuging.

quote:
“When you can't win”

This is not a competition, is this how you drive?

quote:
“with the facts”

I was talking mechanics and results, what facts are you speaking of?

quote:
“baffle us with bull****.”

You need not be baffled, this is easy to understand to a point then you must actually put some of the information to the physical test to really get it
This is what got me in to this in the first place, My BS detector went off and I tried this Marshall stuff and low and behold he was telling the truth, go figure?

quote:
“Whew, I'm glad the swear filter works.”

Please do not swear or go personal because that is where the moderators feel they can just summarily delete a whole thread (even the good information) and I was hoping to make this a mechanical thread where kids who wish to throw injury free could find some information!

quote:
“Lincecum is furthest from Marshall of any pitcher.”

Absolutely not, he gets closer than all other traditional deliveries with his arm vector and that is what we were talking about not what you brought in, he also powerfully pronates his tailing to the ball arm side fastball.

quote:
“ You are just like Kharma.”

Where can I read some of this Kharma individual, he sounds interesting?
Is he the one that lit you up? Is this how you get all Marshall related material banned on message boards? Did he talk about mechanics or did you guys talk about each other?

quote:
“Does Marshall or Kharma give lessons on how to post this stuff on message boards?”

No!! but to listen to your responses with the word “us” leaves me to believe you have a group dedicated to disinformation about all aspects of these mechanical discussions?
I would like to see this thread talk about helpful mechanics not your personal fight with
past ghostwriters!!

quote:
“Because you guys all sound the same.”

Were they just talking mechanics also?

John YaYa,

quote:
“Lincecum is the posterchild for hip/shoulder separation, something Marshall doesn't believe in.”

How can he not believe in it, he uses it and talks about it in his kinetically linked motion.
Traditional pitchers whom at the timeline you posted with the low information still has
the shoulder driving towards alignment with the hips with the ball and ball arm moving backwards all during this separation to alighnment timeline. When the ball actually starts moving forward the shoulders and hips are in the same position as Marshall’s position
Except Marshalls pitchers drive the ball all the way through rotation actually maintaining their Kinexus (kinetic linkage*.Marshall goes over in detail how energy transfers from joint to joint. When you get a chance to go over high speed video (at least 240 fr.sec.) you will be able to see what I am discribing

quote:
“I'd love to see this too.”

And would you understand it or be able to produce it?

quote:
”The one full Marshall kid I've seen looks ridiculous.”

Nice choice of words! Esthetics aside this kid whom has many things correct in the theoretical full model still has many aspects to work on as do all with lesser tenets. I will try to get some video of live action so you then can see what these mechanics can produce against batters. I think an attitude of cherring this kid on may serve him better

Beemax,

Since Deemax will not chime in on Maddux’s maximum velocity maybe you can?
Have you ever witnessed him above 90? I have seen him throw 94 in person but then again that was with a gun and it might have been 92 or 96.

quote:
“So does never showing any proof or names of kids that you have worked with and just giving anecdotal evidence.”

I gave enough information when I stated the place where they pitched if anybody was that interested to dig it out. I’m not in the habit of giving out armature’s names because I have not been given their blessing and might lead to getting my arce kicked.

quote:
“With the average little league season being around 20 games, and kids having to take 3 days off if they throw more than 61 pitches, this is very hard to believe.”

Only if your game totals are correct and your year? Two years ago I believe they had a 24
Game schedule then a single elim.league tournament then local play offs then All-stars.
I’m not sure how far they went in any of the post season.

.I will ask his dad to upload to U-tube some of his game video if you need more proof!

quote:
”Like I said, hard to believe.”

Why would I lie to you about this? I’m going on record by saying it here for all to see.
Everything I say here is to get baseball savvy people to play around with this stuff and
younger ball players to actually dive in.
You don’t even have to go all tenets (bottom half) to get the injurious aspects out of a traditional mechanic.

FlippJ,

I’ll give it a try? Over at u-tube! Not sure if my pentium II can upload over there?
Last edited by Yardbird