Skip to main content

Reply to "Marshall mechanics"

quote:
Originally posted by Yardbird:
RJM,

quote:
“Why would anyone consider anything accomplished in LL to be relevant to the future?

History!! Erik Chavez hit over 25 bombs when he was twelve , I can go on and on
and so can many others here.

quote:
“However, if I let my son pitch six innings a week through the playoffs he could have pitched eleven games. That would be sixty-six innings.”

I was not aware other regions played less or more games myself?

quote:
“I thought part of Marshall's mantra was preteens shouldn't be pitching.”

An all or nothing statement does not convey what he actually states.

I have no parental control when it comes to the fathers but if the mother is involved
and reads Marshall’s material then most of the time competitive innings recommendations are followed.

quote:
“He called me a child abuser for letting my son pitch when he was a preteener.”

He was concerned about your son! He is an expert in these matters!
I believe someone else called you this and was explaining it to Marshall.
Are your feelings still hurt? I’m sure glad this thread always turns into a bunch of personal baggage. Not!

I asked him for advice over a decade ago about all this injury proliferation and he said I didn’t know what the hell I was doing, I got over it when I found out he was telling me the truth.

quote:
“Better question: How many Marshall pitchers have ended up in MLB after thirty, forty years of research?”

This does not seem like a better question?

An appropriate question is how many instructors are applying Marshall tenets in any degree from the initial Provenance timeline to present. I only know of a one to have had the chance to produce an MLB player Marshall himself and I think he has produced 2 MLB players with his tenets to some degree and helped many more directly and indirectly. As of this time I only know of me and a couple more that have put Marshall’s theories to the full test with training and game results and it’s all working the way he said it would!

Watch this year as in all the previous 5 years and you will notice more and more MLB pitchers start to add tenets, I have noticed it but then you will have to play with it to understand it to recognize it.

quote:
“the kid isn't pitching from the rubber.”

What makes you think traditional pitchers do anything different?

1) There are plenty of LL studs who weren't good by high school. I don't know any sane people who say accomplishments on the small fields is an indicator of future success.

2) Net: Like the other poster, I don't believe the 202 K's

3) Marshall has made it clear preteens should not be pitching competitively.

4) Marshall doesn't know a thing about my son. He made the statement after asking if my son pitched in LL. My son is now a high school soph who has never had as much as a day with a sore arm.

5) You dodged the question. The question is how many Marshall proteges are pitching in major league baseball? I know the answer. It's why you dodged the question.

6) A normal pitcher's foot releases from the rubber before release of the ball. The kid in the video is jumping away from the rubber. By the way, he's in deep doo if a rocket comes back at him.

There's no need to converse further. You regurgitated the exact mantra as all the other Marshallites. I've heard it all before. I was hoping there was one person in the cult who could think for themselves.
Last edited by RJM