Skip to main content

Reply to "Marshall mechanics"

RJM
quote:
“There are plenty of LL studs who weren't good by high school. I don't know any sane people who say accomplishments on the small fields is an indicator of future success.”

Who cares, this is not what we were discussing. It goes both ways
quote:
” Net: Like the other poster, I don't believe the 202 K's”

Who cares, this is not what we were discussing.
quote:
” Marshall has made it clear preteens should not be pitching competitively.”

He has maximum guidelines to follow at each Biological age level to safely procede. You and I may think they are too stringent but remember he is the expert here, not us. If a child is chronologically 12 and is biologically 13 or 14 then he is OK with them pitching during the spring at low innings.
I tell my clients to go by Marshall’s recommendations but have no real control of how much the parents let them perform. I am adamant about competitive pitching other than spring for biologically 16 and below when all the growth plates in the elbows have solidified. We all have this new phenomenon and all it’s false hype to deal with called club ball that has produced 7 times as many arm injuries that were produced before it’s inception. I do not recommend club ball for any of my clients (pitchers) and we still make HS teams and compete well.
quote:
“Marshall doesn't know a thing about my son.”

Neither do I but I care.
quote:
“He made the statement after asking if my son pitched in LL.”

If you are that concerned about it then post all the e-mails that are associated so that you can prove your point for the people whom care. I do not; I’m here to explain mechanics and results.
quote:
”You dodged the question.”

I answered your actual question with in the body of my answer, perhaps you missed it.
quote:
“The question is how many Marshall proteges are pitching in major league baseball?”

Well that is a lot different than “have”. I will do my best to answer your new question.
Currently the group he has been working on has come in with various entry speeds, mechanics and injuries. I know of 2 kid’s who came in traditional non injured who both play in College now. Both these kids came to him in the high 70’s to low 80’s and I have no clue where they are now changed over to Full Marshall. Deemax said he was going to go see one of them, maybe? Currently there are no MLB players using all of Marshall’s tenets but there are some using more than others with the MTS scale.
The closest any MLB player ever used is 65% of his tenets.
Only the pitchers that use over 80% of the tenets (bottom half late full rotation) are not handed the BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So how could one ever make it to the show, besides Marshall does not get Fresh Fast twitchers like I do. I can imagine what would happen if he were given one of our ultra
Fast pitchers to work with and I know these mechanics are the only chance to see mid hundred velocities with out injury!
quote:
“ I know the answer. It's why you dodged the question.”

What is the purpose of your question if you already new the answer and how would you know who Marshall works with to have an answer that is truthful?
quote:
”A normal pitcher's foot releases from the rubber before release of the ball.”

I do not know what you mean by normal? If you mean traditional or conventional you are exactly right and every kinescope, Film and video ever taken proves it, when traditional pitchers release the ball their ball arm leg has already left the rubber illegally.
You are opening up a can of worms here if you pursue rules tightness on this subject.
Traditional pitchers if asked to have their foot in contact with the rubber when they
Actually release would totally destroy their timing. Some are inches away and up to 18
Inches away, Marshall’s kid is 3 feet away but still posted through at the Glove side leg.
quote:
“The kid in the video is jumping away from the rubber.”

It is much farther off the rubber than traditional pitchers for sure but is actually performing the same with more late rotation.
The jumping part is being corrected along with many other aspects, let’s not think a 12 year old who has just started throwing in this manor has it right yet.
quote:
“There's no need to converse further.”

It seems there was no need to converse from the start, you just needed to vent.
quote:
“You regurgitated the exact mantra as all the other Marshallites. I've heard it all before. I was hoping there was one person in the cult who could think for themselves.”

By this comment you have exposed your ventfulness to the max.
The difference here is you actually have somebody who has performed, taught and competed with these mechanics and wants to share the results in a positive manor but has to deal with individuals bent on changing the thread into some kind of personal vendetta that has nothing to do with ME.
I am this one person and your personal jab at me is par for the course for some here and everywhere. I guess I must be guilty of mechanical association or something.

I sure hope you wish to converse further because I can’t get anybody who is actually
a pitching coach to join in and discus the positive aspects of this.
Last edited by Yardbird