Skip to main content

Reply to "Marshall mechanics"

BobbleheadDoll,

quote:
“Yaedbird if they are lies name some of the Marshall guys who have played MLB and college ball.”

You would have to had known that Dr.Marshall was a head coach at three Colleges before he started offering his information to the public and that he has apologized for not pushing this information before then.
That covers the College side. Since he does not work with youth, guys like me are going to have to do that.

1- Dr.Marshall himself is number one; he used 50 % of his new upper half mechanics on himself and held half of the records that he still holds using these injury proof mechanics.
He was the first closer to win a Cy Young award and finished in the top 5 in voting 5 different years. Oh I know what your going to say it was not the full version, well it still counts as a radical change in delivery that proved to bullet proof him.

2-James Jeffrey Sparks after striking out 600 in three years a in the MiLB when brought to the MLB as the celebrated beginning of the season closer for Tampa bay and struck out 41 batters in 25 innings still maintaining his incredible K ratio, I’m not sure but I think he holds the strike out k ratio per game in all of the MLB. Sparks used 60% of the Marshall tenets on purpose as to pass by his unawares-pro coaches.

He has worked with many MLB pitchers also; one came in throwing 90 and after a month with Marshall came out throwing 102. Rudy Sainez

Roger Clemens made three major changes in his delivery after he left Boston to clean up
his injurious delivery after working with a Marshall trained instructor. Can you name the tenet changes? Ya think he’s good enough?

There are more, I’ll let you dig them out if you can, I’m here to talk mechanics not these meaningless side issues.
quote:
”What did people ever do before Dr Marshall?”

The same thing they are still doing! Blowing up their arms.
Can you imagine if pitchers were seldom injured or not at all? Kerry Lightenberg, Darren Dreifort and a 1000 other guys would still be pitching and there would be no room to move up for the slightly less fastball gifted like today.
Maybe this is a good reason to keep the traditional motion so that more pitchers get a shot? SLOL

Coach2709,

quote:
“then prove it”

Proved!

You’re handle makes it look like you are a coach? Do you know all the Marshall tenets or
just some of them or none? I would suggest you take a look!

Trhit,

quote:
“You talk in riddles just like a "cult" leader>”

What does your ability to comprehend reading material have to do with mechanics?

Then what is it? I have been called a Cultist and the Cult leader now. I hope you don’t accuse me of spiking the Kool Aid like Jones did.

Please explain this riddle so that I can better explain it to you?
Last edited by Yardbird