Skip to main content

Reply to "Marshall mechanics"

RJM,

quote:
“There's a simple reason why Sparks was not highly regarded.”

Yes, non-understanding and acceptance of the philosophies that he was trying to bring to the field! If he would have been left alone (mechanically) and been able to call the pitches he wanted to he would have thrived.

quote:
”MLB: 30 walks in 30 innings, MiLB: 328 walks in 493 innings.”

I’ve seen footage of some of the calls during this period and I have seen what goes on with regard to my Marshall pitchers. Marshall’s game involves hard movement to both sides that makes it very hard to call; I have seen Umpires do a great job and atrocious jobs involving trying to get into position to make a correct call. Marshall’s pitchers are taught to throw down the middle and have it break to the black.
This style game produces high strike out performance with a higher chance of getting a called ball. This style Sinking game also produces swinging taps where the infield should always be playing at double play depth. We don’t seem to be having any problems with accuracy ourselves.

Are you by saying this now denying that Sparks made it to the MLB, I think I am owed an apology here? Remember you posed the false allegation.

quote:
”I believe he as waived by Tampa immediately after coming in with runners on and walking the park.”

Wow! Immediately waived! Sounds like smart buisness management to me? Not.
They could have taken a different course with a positive outcome I believe.
Why did’nt they call Marshall and ask him about some suggestions, remember they had just found out that Marshall worked with him and they had to know Marshall is one of the top kinesiologists that has ever lived, who dropped the ball here?

quote:
”Sparks and Seanez were pro pitchers before encountering Marshall. They implemented some of his technique, not his prescribed pitching style.”

Exactly right, both were rated a 100 on the MTS scale this means they were susceptible to continuing UCL stress and the rest of the traditionally associated injuries. With Saenez Marshall worked on getting his driveline straighter, his ball to arrive at the correct timeline at initial drive (protects the UCL) and some training techniques, I would have rated him at that time as a 300 but he has lost some of his taught mechanics and do not know how he trains.

quote:
“I believe the arbitrary number stated for Sparks is 60%.”

Yes at this period (end of the 90’s) while Sparks could attain an 800 MTS rating he had to pitch with fewer tenets to acquiesce to the Devil Ray coaches. This is why I rated him at a 600 (60% Marshall tenets), he might have been a little less because he did not throw all the pitches. His low rating then still allowed him to pitch totally healthy. This kid came to Marshall with two previous UCL tears but since Marshall’s top half mechanics protects the UCL with ¼ the stress so he could then pitch.

quote:
”Marshall promotes Sparks as his poster boy.”

Only for the Full Version, he knows Sparks while being close is rated even with the full mechanic at around a 850 and has some late rotational theory issues related to have been already propioceptivly engrained with the traditional driveline. I don’t think Sparks or any previously traditionally trained pitcher can attain Full Marshall even with Dr.Marshall’s extraordinary motor skill pedagogy but they get close enough.
I have tried with x-pro players who have hung it up due to severe injuries and they can only attain a 50% turnaround but can now throw pain free in their adult leagues.

quote:
“He states a MLB conspiracy against his pitching philosophies prevented Sparks from staying in the majors.”

No!!! He just knows everybody reacts the same like you! Aren’t you doing the same thing and still not be part of an organized conspiracy? I’m just now getting used to look of my full version pitchers. Even my more towards traditional pitchers are only held back by its aesthetics and acceptability.

quote:
“Sparks did eventually figure out how to be a successful fireman. He joined the fire department.”

I would say just making it to the MLB and striking out 41 in 26 innings is pretty successful. I wonder what some of the names are of the players he mowed down in the MiLB.

Beside I could care less about the MiLB or the MLB, I want all of my clients to attain a Masters degree.

I have more respect for him as a Fireman actually! I suspect you do to but it does not sound like it!

Can we now talk about mechanics or is this stuff to much for you to understand, which is OK, I can go slower if you want? You guys never want to talk mechanics and I don’t see any pitching coaches with any NADS willing to enter.

Bballman,

quote:
“Marshall did not invent pronation.”

And he has not claimed this! Why would you state this?
He states this mechanic as one of his tenets at Drive and release.
Is this one of your tenets also?
He was the first Kinesiologist to call it out as the way to go.
He brought it to the NFL and they accepted it.

quote:
“My 15 yr old son throws a pronated slider just like Clemmons shows in his video. He never even heard of Marshall.”

So, you’re telling me you have access to High-speed film or video of your child?
This is the only way you could possibly know this.
Post this video and let us all see it, I posted mine!
I hope he is doing what you say but I doubt it, you are probably missed diagnosing Pronation as involuntary snap back pronation from a hard supinated finish.
If your son is actually supinating his Slider he will lessen his elbow range of motion
In both directions flexion and extension.

Coach2709,

quote:
“Not exactly numbers I would want to base my cult revolutionary technique on.”

Hay, they’re the ones that said nobody ever played in the MLB that used Marshall mechanics, I still do not understand how they can make this call with out understanding the mechanics, they prove this every time you speak.
I noticed none of them posted Marshall’s MLB stats! and how did you do those lines across Cult?

quote:
“So once again - who are the successful guys who buy into Marshall's garbage?”

Hmmm, garbage! That sounds adult? Snotty ness will not get you what you ask for
neither will false curiosity.

quote:
“You know this is what cracks me up.”

What cracks me up is how you can’t figure this out!

quote:
”Owners want money for their teams.”

No, owners want to not give out money for their teams and never have.

quote:
“Coaches want players who can win.”

Not at the cost of their traditions, this is proven out in every mechanical change from
High jumping to kicking a football!

quote:
”So these two are going to conspire”

These two hardly talk to each other, I guess you think there is Some GM or pitching coaches studying these mechanics and its information, I think not? This will only come in individually by players them selves as evidenced in the past 5 years.

quote:
"the greatest revolution in pitching mechanics the world has ever seen"

You are correct here; do you see any other mechanical paths that eliminate injuries?
Do you teach centripetal mechanics (traditional) or center mass (Marshall).

quote:
“lose MILLIONS of dollars.”

Last year the owners paid out over $500,000,000.00 for no service.

quote:
“just because they don't like Marshall?”

Do you like him? I don’t seem to get any of my questions answered here, yet I answer all of your questions!

quote:
”It's real easy to get 30 owners who will stab each other in the back in a heartbeat to make an extra buck to all agree on the same thing. Then you have to involve the 100's of coaches to ensure the conspiracy.”

You’re the one calling out conspiracy.

quote:
”When you google Mike Marshall”

This is good; you are interested in this garbage!
When I Google pitching injuries I get 267,000 hits?

quote:
“I would hate to think that this is the best evidence for my position.”

Read back, this kid is just starting and I believe 11 YO, he has a long way to go!
Did you check out my 12 YO?

quote:
The worst part is the kid in this video will never have a chance in baseball because someone in his life drank the kool aid. That is the sad part of this whole thing.

The worst part of this thing is you are proving my point about coaches like you who will subvert his efforts and not hand him the ball. The sad part is this statement can be weighed against every thing you have posted.

When life hands Koolness- drink Kool Aid

MTS,

quote:
“I taped the AFLAC game. No Marshall type pitchers threw in that game for the West or the East Squad. No mixed mechanics, no energetic pronators, period.”

Keep studying Marshall’s tenets and it will come to you and it might rub of on your kids.
Can you name the first three tenets that eliminate major injuries or is the only thing you can do is sell wolf tickets.

This kid floats between a 300 and a 400 rating just enough to protect his elbow and shoulder. This fall he made some more pitch improvements that I hope will be brought to the field? He now has all 6, we will see. When a kid is in the mid 9’s, foolish coaches usually take away all development with pitch proficiency in competition by using their old school thinking and take away pitches. Hopefully he will be calling his own games?
Last edited by Yardbird