Skip to main content

Reply to "Marshall mechanics"

RJM

quote:
“I've only found Marshall pitchers (full buy in) at some average or below average D2 and D3 programs. I discovered some of his students weren't very good high school pitchers.”

So, taking players who have no place to play that seek more baseball field time and want to pursue a college education while still playing some baseball by working their tails off training to get better to do so is not a worthy pursuit?
I personally would encourage all youth players to continue training and playing if that is their desire in any form especially with the company of Marshall personally.
quote:
”They must think Marshall can turn water into wine.”

I all ready confest to that, that would be Kool Aid (water) into Champagne (wine). Remember?
quote:
“Marshall's a thief”

And how would you name yourself when you look back at this comment?
quote:
“for taking their money and their time (more than a year).”

2 years to do it right, Marshall knows that he is not needed for his pedagogy to be repeated by others! He actually wants and has had the fathers control and administer the training and performance scheduling and believes the Mothers would do a better job! Most of these kids end up with Marshall I believe to actually learn how to be Kinesiologists. Most of them are involved with some kind of medical or exercise science involvement in Colleges and what could be better than this arrangement. He charges 10 bucs a day, certainly that’s a lot less than most instructors and you get the top throwing expert on the planet. You make it sound like he’s inwardly rotating their humeri to the backside while simultaneously twisting his forearm in pronation to get them to come.
quote:
“His growth plates are still open as a 6'1", fifteen year old soph.”

This means he may be Biologically 14 years old. This is great news! He will grow for a longer period of time. Get him x-rayed at his 16 th birthday, if they are not closed get them again at his 17th birthday if they are still not closed he is at that point one year behind, this is good unless your in a big hurry to see him stop growing?
quote:
“He's never had a sore arm.”

That’s great , I’m pulling for him!
Bone deformation does not manifest itself in pain (sore arm) unless a crack appears in the plate. I never hurt myself either or got too sore until 40 and had pitched every day of my life Since College but my x-ray shows my right humerus (ball side) as ¾ of an inch shorter that the left (glove side). This subliminal damage while not debilitating is deformant and is why Marshall does not want even his non-injurious mechanic performed with biologically aged 12 and under. I say what’s a LL to do? Let all of them pitch and deform together at a lesser even rate? That’s OK with me just not with Marshall, whoopee.
quote:
“He's been used in relief the past three years due to his above average velocity and ability to throw strikes after a short warmup. He pitched about 50-60 innings in each of the past three years.”

This is good, lesser innings until he solidifies is the way to go.
More training and fewer games the better, proper training requires exercise protocols not used by today’s baseball establishments. These kids are playing in games to please every body and their different events. When an adult pitching athlete is finally in peak shape he should then play in games all year and maintain.With a non-injurious motion this can be done! High school pitching athletes should be in regression from hard training in the fall and winter and not be able to perform in games. This is the one thing I fight every year when all the unnecessary showcases, camps and HS winter league games start up.
quote:
"is a kook."

Hay, it takes one to read one!
What’s that got to do with mechanics??????????????????????????????????????
quote:
“I don't find much need in discussing irrelevant pitching technique that could hinder my son's opportunity to pitch in college.”

Then why are you here, you seem to want to start some blood letting all the time; I don’t get it, would it be to have this thread removed?
Man, I can’t even imagine what was said to you in the past!
Can I apologize for them and me if you were offended in any way?
quote:
“As for the condescension, stick it somewhere.”

Now now I don’t think this kind of language needs to be read by our young viewers!
This is where we need the Moderators “line item veto” to clean up bad behavior and not destroy the good information!!!!!! I didn’t break down when you insulted me in harsher terms, I expect you to do the same from softer ones.

MTS

quote:
“they all were very traditional pitchers that threw fastball, change up, sliders and curveballs.

Yep, that would be him, you just got the traditional part wrong.
quote:
“Again there was no exagerated pronation by any pitcher in HD.”

Again, your long-range views and low frame rates and possible knowledge of what constitutes Marshall’s first three tenets limits your recognition. Are you guys ever going to answer any of my questions? I’m going quid pro quo on you guys, now what did the rancher say?
Last edited by Yardbird