Skip to main content

Reply to "Marshall mechanics"

Yardbird,

First I agree with 3 fingered. I do not understand the terms well enough to fully grasp what is going on it text. So, I will continue to ask you questions to figure out if I want to put in a signifacant amount of time to do research. (I believe research can be spun anyway to make anyone believe what you are saying)

Questions 1:
How do your guys look when they play catch?

Question 2:
According to most everything I have read, Marshall prevents injuries by replacing the arm swing motion and the way the hips open correct? I am aware there is way more but to keep it short)
Question 3:
So if I throw everyday just playing a max effort catch traditionally will I be injured?
Question 4:
If I would not be injured or shows signs of being injured. Then what is the variable that causes me to be injured on the mound?
Question 5:
Softball pitchers and Marshall have any correlation?

I throw BP at max effort towards the end of the year for about a week straight. I am in full traditional wind up and off the mound. I am a lefty. We see a lot of lefties in sectionals. So it helps for them to face me. The only injury or pain I feel is a blood blister on my finger. Now, I have had shoulder surgrey. I however, injured it playing basketball. This caused the dislocation. I threw through the pain and ended up doing much more to it. (Doctors say I over compinsated and injured myself more severly) Now for my question. I trained extremly hard and worked out a lot. To build up strength in my shoulder. I have nver had any elbow pain. Since my surgrey never any shoulder pain. In college I was a reliever. I made 37 appearances in 56 games. Never threw more than an inning. Never any pain. Now I do not workout. I am about 15 lbs overweight and can regularly throw 115 pitches with nothing more than a blood blister. Is this because of the extensive rehab?

Is there a correlation with amount of workout time and lack of injury? ( in Marshall theory)

If you gave me the workout routine you did with your students and I did nothing more than that. (nothing mechanical) would that prevent them from injury? Has there been research done on this???

Lastly, I have to disagree with what was said about a two year old. I have a two year old. i just got done playing catch with him. please asuume I do not teach my two year old how to play catch yet. He does spins and all sorts of fun stuff while throwing. He usually ends up with his face planted in the ground. He throws with his fingers in the side of the ball and comes straight at me.

My last point/question: Not every kid is taught or changed. More than you will ever realize just go on playing baseball and do not change anything from the time they are two. So why do they not continue to throw with Marshall tendancies?