Skip to main content

Reply to "Marshall mechanics"

quote:
cap_n, quote:“I wouldn't know. I have yet to see any credible video illustrating any baseball pitcher using the preferred Dr. M. mechanics at any high level MLB game showing superior velocity and control.” I thaught this was High School Baseball Web? I guess were mid level. quote: “exactly like baseballs??? A 15% increase in weight (especially at this level) is not exactly like anything.”
You would think throwing an object that weighs slightly more as with Cricket players do would tend to make them throw slower which is not the case. This evidence shows That throwing of off center mass garners you great velocity! I was giving aseballs the fudgement. quote: ”I'm all in favor of closing this thread.....can I get a second on this motion?” See!!!!!! Cap_n has left the house.

On the contrary....I'm here and read every day. I'd like to lock any thread that involves Dr. M. until there has been credible video posted of his preferred mechanics....and I say credible because no one has taken the time to post (that I know of) any of his students in any highly competitive game....front, side, back....set in gif or mov or even unedited, uncompressed avi so we can set it to 60 fps....clean and clear video. 5 sec clips each are all that's need. From all of information that's been presented, you and the like are pushing a modified bowlers technique, except you can't run and throw. And yes, if you search enough, you will see some bowlers in world cup play bending their elbows to some degree as well as using a pronounced pronation.

Show the members here current, high level, game play video.....or send it to a moderator to be posted.