Skip to main content

Reply to "Marshall mechanics"

Cap_n,
Is back in the house.
quote:
“I'd like to lock any thread that involves Dr. M. until there has been credible video posted of his preferred mechanics”

Now you have it, although you will never probably see the full 1000 rated pitcher ever. the Video I have posted is a high level 13-year-old club game where the Marshall pitcher is actually playing up whom is 12 getting low 70’s velosity with incredible movement. This pitcher will be trying out as a HS freshman next year as an early 14 year old. Again, HS baseball web is about this age group and the kids preparing for it. I think we are in the right place whether you want to shut down this thread or not.
Here is a closer look, he is still refining himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...feature=channel_page

quote:
“From all of information that's been presented, you and the like are pushing a modified bowlers technique,”

You’re not going to call this technique baseball or bump Bowling are you?; please don’t go there, we are having enough trouble with acceptance already! We are Americans and this Marshall thing is an all American tale.
quote:
“except you can't run and throw. And yes, if you search enough, you will see some bowlers in world cup play bending their elbows to some degree as well as using a pronounced pronation.”

Is that so? That’s interesting. I’m going to have to pay more attention to this in the future.
If they get some bend inwards with the elbow (inside of vertical) it makes them very close to Marshall’s theories or visa versa.
quote:
”Show the members here current, high level, game play video.....or send it to a moderator to be posted.”

I’m hoping Deemax will video Mike f.. When he sees him, there is video of Mike pitching in last year’s high mid level NBC College summer league.
quote:
“I know its hard to resist”

Resist be not. Be true to your personality for all to see.
quote:
“but as long as we continue to make jabs”

We will remain typical, are you one of the we?
quote:
“the empty rhetoric will continue.”

Calling what I have written and shown rhetoric is easy for you to say but I have repeated Marshalls theories with youth now and it has turned out to be better in all forms and outcomes that leeds to rhetoric reversal.
quote:
“I'd like to see the tone turn to credible video.”

The tone is not coming from video producers side, I have also already brought to you at the highest level for that age group and would be bringing you more if they were allowed to perform the way they wish starting in High school, this is not the case. You can keep asking for higher and higher level video all you want to justify your curiosity but until somebody other than coach Maley allows it to go forward you will not be able to see it. Right now you have a library of one video and only a few actually performing full MM at the College level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...l63A&feature=related

I have many current D1 level pitchers whom can perform Full Marshall mechanics
But choose to acquiesce at this time in baseballs evolvement do to non-acceptance!
If one of these kids makes it all the way through to the MLB and then establishes themselves with many good years only then maybe they could bring their Crow-step game with out fear of or reprisal and even that is a big maybe. Knowing (the outside and the inside ball drive game) both really helps these pitchers understand what they can do.
I believe this information is 30 years ahead of its ability to be absorbed and implemented.
Yet it is so simple in comparison to the balance position traditional motion.

Deemax
quote:
“The highest level current Marshall trained pitcher is in college here in Texas at UIW. So far he has not pitched well at all, but the year is still young.”

Looks like there are many ahead of him in seniority and rank, does’nt look good for you seeing him Dee?
What’s this kids eligibility? Is he a freshman? Bring your camera?
quote:
”What surprises me is his complaints of arm fatigue 2.1 innings into the season.”
”This is from Marshall’s Q/A
"I felt fatigue in my arm during this 4th inning today. I tried my hardest to work through it."

What was Marshalls answer to this problem?
I love this complete transparency out of Marshall’s personal published e-mails with this kid, going over each pitch and situation discomfort reports every thing. The pitch sequencing and suggestions, are great stuff. I wish coach Maley would communicate with Marshall, that I would pay to hear!

Muscle energy allocation issues even affect Marshall pitchers, yep
I’ll bet he had pizza and a sodi for lunch!

MTS
quote:
“I know better than you realize”

This is why I like you M, I do realize you know some of this Marshall stuff?
Can your son throw a pronated driven and released Cutter, Slider or curve?
Lets see a Video of your pride so then he can become our pride.
My bet is he has a pretty good rating because you are a concerned father.
quote:
“ I saw a Marshall pitcher”

Are you sure he was a Marshall pitcher? There are a lot of non-traditional motions that people have developed with out having been aware of Marshall!
Saying you saw a Marshall pitcher then saying, “He was definitely a Marshall pitcher.”
Makes me believe you did not interview the kid and were actually questioning your belief? This takes us back to what you realize? People are aped to make mistakes in judgment when their has been no physical involvement with the subject.
quote:
He looked almost like a shot putter

Ya, that’s not a Marshall guy, Marshall guys powerfully drive the ball inside of vertical
Pronating their drive culminating in a powerful pronation snap at the hand and fingers! You should hear it with the fast twitchers standing next to it, not quite a put.
quote:
“similar to when Sparks had thrown in the MLB.”

Remember that, some of those strike outs in the show were so impressive with his half a Full Marshall game, the look on some of those MLB batters faces and the reactions were priceless. Many were “Kruk Struck”.
quote:
“My son's team got to him hard in the 3rd inning. That kid was throwing in the high 70's and might have reached 80.”

I’ll bet if he was given some Marshall stuff he would stop putting and his fsatball would gain 15%.
Last edited by Yardbird