Skip to main content

Reply to "Marshall mechanics"

Re: "The 850 Marshall 12 YO that I was given permission to post, throws 72 MPH.. Could you tell he was that fast with that much movement from a video? You have to admit that game video is impressive! "

---No, Yardbird, his velocity doesn't look extraordinary at all and it doesn't look like low 70's, it looks like low to mid-50's to me. In any case, if you wish to believe that your "85% Amazin' 12 yo" throws at the same velocity as Jeff Sparks and Joe Williams (low-to-mid 70's--clocked with a calibrated radar gun at ASMI), then you will clearly not be dissuaded from that view by my opinion. Still, the "85% Amazin' 12 yo" would rival the top 4-5 pitchers in last year's LL World Series if you are telling the truth. That would surely make him a candidate for the single most dominant 12 yo pitcher in your entire state?

The movement on the boy's pitches was fine, but nothing "special" or "extraordinary", in my opinion.

As far as a single AB goes, it was nice that he got a strikeout in a game. Whether that is representative of most of his game results I wouldn't know but, though you are in a position to know about this, I would definitely not trust your opinion about it.