Skip to main content

Reply to "Marshall mechanics"

TPM,

Because you have turned the Strasburg thread into a Marshall thread I bumped it over here to the Marshall thread so to not get people riled up by having to read anything Marshall or lengthy.

quote:
Son pronates his pitches, now what?

This is highly dubious! Have you seen high-speed video from the direct frontal angle closed in on the head, shoulder and arm drive of all his pitches shirtless? I doubt it!
I have heard this before and it always turns out differently than one would think!
I’ve personally queried the Cardinal system to see if they produce game or training video of the players in their org or without for mechanical analysis the way it should be done. Because I was digging for game and training video of Joe Williams thinking it was a perfect chance for them to document what was happening for future use of which none exists or any cohesive mechanical approach and I was told this is not a part of their process? Maybe you have proper private video but I doubt it? And this is the only way you will know for sure! Now what? Is he supinating 25%, 50% or 75% of his pitches?

The percentage of voluntary pronated pitches compared to centrifugally forced supinated pitches is critical for elbow health!! It also allows for and earlier possible humeral transition, lessoning UCL stress.

You like many here and everywhere who really do not mitigate this information in depth but have some good idea? Seem to make the mistake of calling out that you have witnessed pronation when you have actually witnessed poor minimal (30 fps or fuzzy gifs) time frame video that tells you nothing in this regards to this very important mechanic and what most see as pronatiuon is actually “outside of vertical “voluntary supination to full length then involuntary pronation snap back after release and after full range has been reached!!!! This is still supination and is the cause of most elbow (mashed cartilage that turns into bone spurs and chips later, bone smash enlargement of then loss of extension and flexion range of motion) irritations, inflammations, bursa sack tears and more.
I suspect while your son may pronate one of his fastballs even voluntarily because of the 2 and 4 seam traditional grip system that is taught, the percentage of supinated pitches is still to high even if it is only 25% of them, you prove me wrong? Show me frontal footage of his mechanic? I know what, use some of that high speed video the Cardinals always give their developing pitchers to diagnose them selves once a month?

I believe this is why he has discomfort in his elbow without even have seen him and can call out his mechanic by his ailment.

Take it or leave it but get off the bandwidth mantras, you are one of the most prolific writers here and use 100 times the bandwidth I do and nobody else is prodded to donate not even you. If you do not want me to talk quit talking to me, if not talk on and quit getting all riled up, I’m not the enemy, these are only mechanics and none of them can kill you, well not yet that traditional finish has sure has those boys heads exposed to long.

quote:
“10 years, can you provide a list of successful college or pro players that have worked under you? “

Yes but I will not, what for? For whom? What could you possibly gain by knowing this information; you would just find some reason to complain anyways?
You would not do anything with the information that would help your family!

I have been sitting on this bucket for 35 years now and seeking or promoting high profile players is about 18 years back and I have no need to go there, Your continued (over and over and over) abative questions are designed to detract from the information and not gain from it apparently, these questions should produce a positive light but it seems everywhere you go people start a fight, like the information is some kind of assault on them personally. These questions and their answers will only be able to answered for you by emulation not ridicule.

If you choose to not relay this information to your son I have no problem with that but feel like I would be not doing my duty if I had not at least given you a chance of at least hearing it then doing what you want with it, please continue and enjoy unabated with the high risk/reward approach.

quote:
“Not about the ones that have not been hurt”

I do have traditional pitchers that supinate ½ of their pitches even though I push them towards the correct mechanic! These boys still suffer from all the traditional problems!

None of my Marshall top half kids suffer from any injurious affects other than unforeseen bone growth deformation in the undeveloped open growth plater youth, the 16 byo’s and up train 30 times the sport specific resistance maximally and ballistically (pitch a ball) daily.

quote:
“the ones that have moved forward, that's where risk/reward comes in”

OK, I’ll give you just one where a real risk/reward is off the charts (accept his arm and shoulder from non collision throwing) and because I don’t want to put the Marshall stigma on the baseball kids that many people would use to denigrate them as I seen, heard and read everywhere I will use the sport who took to the information and can’t affect.

Mark Sanchez, QB New York Jets, trained as a pitcher with using Marshall tenets from the time he was 9 cyo until he was 14 cyo, He only threw the pronated torque fastball because his dad said little Mark was going to be the USC QB one day and I don’t want none of those off speed pronated spinners you teach, When he entered HS at SMCHS as a 15 cyo he was pitching 92 MPH with Dr.Marshall’s top half force application and that one pitch, the pronated cutter that is usually supinated in traditional pitchers. Mark chose to quit baseball as a freshman. Watch Mr. Sanchez perform these similar mechanics on Sundays as does many of the modern QB’s like Payton Manning who was taught by dear old dad who was taught personally by Dr.Marshall how to perform The readers here will remember Paytons blistering downward pronated torque passes where he would raise up on his left ankle joint, get high and throw down hill at the receivers knees where it is impossible to defend. Is he good enough?

Marshall’s small group of practitioners produced a first round baseball players last year and have one near the top coming up now, that makes 3 in 2 years, I had one of them but knowing who they are does not matter. They need to be left alone We want them to climb un-impeded unlike what they would receive if blabbing their names on the Internet leaving their advancement in the hands of people who have the same attitudes you see here and elsewhere. Now if we are getting them into the top rounds what about all the rounds below that?

I’m hoping I will live long enough to see many more of them advance and establish themselves then one at a time break into their full Marshall crowstep mechanic, LOL.
Just like Don Larson did and he was not even been worked on in an off-season but only weeks before the World Series.

quote:
”If not, please send the hsbbweb a nice donation for all of the bandwidth you have used.”

The donation suggestion is a good one for all but your reasons are bogus as they have been in the past oaoao’rs!

quote:
“trying to prove your point over and over and over”

And every time you say something like this I have to repeat oaoao that I’m not here to prove anything to you or anybody else, I’m not selling anything! My attempt at making un-equivocal statements about mechanics is to avoid emotional baggage for the original seeking poster, not the detractors or the perplexed.
I have proved these tenets to myself and hundreds of families and only way you can prove out something is hands on, not lip service by touting.
Which of the 22 current College pitchers whom have Marshall training and mechanics
Do you want me to associate with Marshall? Get real; you want me to name a kid who is trying to advance in a subjectively picked system to someone who talks like a Marshall hater, right?

I’m only here for the ones that will give it a go in all or any part or pass on their thoughts, I’m just giving the information on what I have experienced and me trying to help your son with the truth through you should not elicit this unpleasant response out of you. Maybe you do not even discuss mechanics with him, who knows?

quote:
“(is anyone really listening)”

Are you talking to your self here? I do not believe once you have read something that you can then blank the memory of the event out, it is somewhat like listening?
Remember I am the only poster whom has to put out a disclaimer before some of my posts so that the reclusive old schoolers are forewarned not to read further for they might later want to hurt (risk/reward reading) themselves, this is OK with me having to jump thru a few hoops like you guys and apparently gals put out (I look at hoops as paths) to get to parents that care the most and take advantage of the information. I’m hoping for the new poster that comes on that has not been given the chance to hear it so he at least has a chance to make his own decision although fettered some by autodetractors.

quote:
“go back and argue over at the other sites you frequent”

Why did you say argue? I’m just giving my opinion OK!! I have seen no other mechanical explanations other than mine here or at the other sites whichever ones your talking about? You may want to go with my disclaimers in the future if you can’t read something presented as being helpful and take it as you did. Especially if you are a willing high risk/rewarder mechanical theorist.

quote:
“Waiting for the list”

Will you please hold your breath until I decide if it is worth it, 1 second, and 2 seconds there breath, I have decided! You have not earned it.

quote:
Thanks.

Gee, thanks in advance for something your not privileged to see?

You show me yours first and then I will show you mine.