Skip to main content

Reply to "Marshall mechanics"

TPM,

quote:
“I sent you a message in your other name on another site.”

Which one? I do not want to miss it, is it positive in nature?

quote:
”You want to share a glass of Kool-Aid here or there?”

I’m pourin out the whole pitcher if I can, pardon the pun.

quote:
”You all are just aggravated at the Cardinals because they let Williams go so quickly”

Why not, he was not even given a start or a chance to get acclimated.

quote:
“I heard he was not too bad”

Unfortunately we will never know for sure because striking out AA batters does not mean much to some?

quote:
“but he needed too mcuh work with little time to do it”

What a joke!!!! Who could possibly work with him? he knows more about pitching mechanics and sport specific training than anybody in the organization, remember the development crew in extended invited him to demonstrate his mechanics and knowledge. The AA brain trust had no clue as to what he was doing, remember the group he was working with in spring who wanted him to move up were all gone when he arrived in Springfield, he was thrust upon them and was a complete surprise. They did not want him the first time they laid eyes on him pitching, guaranteed.

quote:
“Why didn't you all make sure he was game ready when you offered him out.

He was perfectly ready and trained more highly than any pitcher in the world at this time.
He did not have the luxury of throwing to catchers and batters for 6 weeks like all the rest in spring training. He spent 1 week pitching live scrimmages every day of the week in extended and had no clue they liked what they saw and would be asked to hit AA running after not have pitched competitively for 4 years. Given all these obstacles he did pretty good and should have been allowed to continue. I wish David would have had the chance to meet him and pick his brain!

He was not offered out, he was invited with no expectations of ever seeing an inning even in extended spring, he was just there to demonstrate.

quote:
“In other words why put out an example if not ready and tested properly?”

All this and more was done remember he was with the leading expert in the world on overhead throwing mechanics and training and that he worked on every say for 2.5 straight years any pro especially one living in Florida would be a fool not paying Dr.Marshall a visit in the off season

quote:
”Wouldn't it be obvious if you guys produced a first rounder, wouldn't people be saying” look he's different?

You need to speak in individual cases because everybody performs different percentages of the tenets and conversely performance. I ask my clients to forgo the bottom half tenets so to mask the top half tenets because of the ballistic nature of the top half pitching coaches do not recognize the tenets.

quote:
“The players picked it up right away with Williams and no one thought less of him”

Joe was a full Marshall practitioner rated in the 900’s with the MTS, his bottom half mechanics made this automatic for them to recognize the difference and his boys will always have his back not the upper management.

quote:
“Perhaps it is you all that place stigma upon your products”

I tried to no avail to have the bottom half accepted within the SoCal baseball establishment and they would not hand them the ball so we had to take a different tact.

quote:
“ands afraid to identify (if so true) because then if they got hurt, all that hard work and convincing for nothing?”

Joe was performing with an already torn Labrum because the Crowstep inside of vertical mechanic does not perturb it further, is this the injury you speak of? It was acquired when he performed the traditional pitching motion for the Mets farm system.

Lets hope he earns that trident pin he is training for now?