Skip to main content

Reply to "Marshall mechanics"

Bballman,

quote:
“So Dr. Marshall was using all his upper half tenets between 1961 and 1981.”

Nobody has made this leap accept you.

He has added a couple of pronated pitches and workout drills but the general top half tenets were worked out while he was playing in the MLB at Michigan state university in the off season where he and their team of electronics experts and kinesiologists devised the first bio-mechanical high speed strobe lighting timing with high speed film diagnosis process that is used by bio-mechanics lab's today.

quote:
“he has not had more people than the 2 or 3 you mentioned, make it to the major” leagues?

I did not mention more because I am on a post length watch unlike the rest.
He has had many while they are still performing in MLB, who cares his tenets work with even the average or poor athletes.

quote:
”I really thought he had been developing and testing and researching this in an evolving progression all this time”

He explains this in detail at his site but some wish to Evelyn Wood the materials then think they have it down.

quote:
“If he had it down pat by 1981, was all the research he has done since then just been to justify his method that he had already developed?”

Who said he had it down pat? Of course it has been refined through time and testing but the main tenet of using your Latisimus Dorsi instead of your pechtoralis major as the primary driver, pronation of all pitches, using rotational forces when you are actually accelerating the ball and many more were figured out when he was playing, how else could he have set all those still existing records.

quote:
“I thought science and reasearch and testing was to come up with the most effective, effecient way of doing things.”

It is
quote:
“Not to provide data to people to justify the way it is already being done.”

This is true also, you have taken a statement that no major leaguer used his mechanics when he actually did and turned it into your personal vendetta against the information, can’t you see this?
Last edited by Yardbird