Skip to main content

Reply to "Marshall mechanics"

BOF

quote:
“OK Yard”

I have answered this so many times for you in the past directly and indirectly that it makes me believe you are reading off your Marshall hater talking points list without thinking about it and boorish questions are never OK BO and deserve answers equal in intelligence to be understood by the questioner but I will accommodate you with respect.

quote:
“how many kids have improved velocity under Dr. Marshall?”

When physically instructing or someone having followed instructional information from Dr.Marshall all have improved velocity that I am aware of but even in retirement what is important is the information that can be used as I do to give my clients and all other concerned parents this chance also.

quote:
“What were their start velocities and ending velocities?”

He actually has high speed entry video with accompanying speed readings of all who attended his research facility and all had the advantage of a high speed exit video with same said velocity readings. All improved even the adults that came in at very low velocity ended up higher but still to low for advancement as with the all others traning differantly.

quote:
“How many of his students are throwing 95+, 90+?”

The same as in the general population anywhere, where a certain percentage of the population had the genetic ability to perform at those velocities although most of his clients came to him with serious injuries after surgery from their nominal traditional mechanics learned at places like ASMI and Jaeger and some showed up to only gain velocity but received both.

quote:
How many of his students are playing in the MLB?

Many! He has helped hundreds of MLB pitchers in the past like when he changed the way Jerry Koosman pitched differently to left side and right side batters from different release heights that helped him receive comeback player of the year and only he knows who of them have bought his instructional DVD because he does not bring up their names unless directly asked by someone who has found out indirectly and he even politely answer mundane questions that have no purpose other than to foment sophomoric contention. All others would have attained the information for free at the web site like most and remain anonymous.

quote:
“Be specific please”

Rather than giving you the ones who completed the correct 2 year interval training program I’ll give one who was only there for 6 weeks and only learned how to train and how to clean up his mechanics and because it is documented by the player himself in many articles you can crosscheck it.
Rudy Saenez arrived at Marshalls door with entry video velocity at 90 MPH and in constant pain. Rudy left for spring training with no pain and pitching at 102 MPH where in his early 30ies revived his career and then proceeded to not train as directed for the rest of his career as usual for these quick fix uncommitted (proper year round training) professionals.
Now there is a lot more of these stories (Jeff Kubenka) but I am limited in my bandwidth allowance that I must give a lot of thought to unlike all others.

quote:
“As far as following his throwing advice you will not hurt yourself”

How would you know, you are a Marshall hater and stay clear of the information!

quote:
“but you won't pitch at a very high level.”

Again you repeat this foolish behavior by stateing lies, I have 5 pitchers currently competing in the Pack 10 and elsewhere and many in pro ball.

quote:
“You certainly can make a good HS pitcher “

Yes, many 1st team all CIF performers.

quote:
“maybe a low level college program”

Again how would you know? You are a Marshall hater who has no knowledge or expierience with their advancement.

quote:
“certainly a mens league, but not beyond this”

I love it when previously injured pitchers want to join mens leagues and come in so that they can still compete pain free.

Now I have answered your non-utilitarian questions as usual, how about you give us the names of the pitchers ASMI uses as their “nominal elite pitchers” that they use to claim mechanical perfection in comparative analysis?????? “Be specific please”?
If you can not do this, please wonder why! I can give you hundreds that they have destroyed with their nominal recommendations.
Now give us all the Wolforth list? Quid pro quo, please.
I wouldn’t suggest you give that Jaeger list for it would be injuriously embarrassing.
Last edited by Yardbird