Skip to main content

Reply to "Marshall mechanics"

Yard,

Wolforth used to have a full list of all of his players. I have not been to his site in some time but just pulled this down.

"Coach Wolforth has consulted for 3 Major League Organizations, 19 Baseball Academies and 27 NCAA Division I, II, III programs throughout the United States and is a regular featured writer for Collegiate Baseball. Coach Wolforth has been a keynote presenter 3 times at the ABCA (American Baseball Coaches Association) national convention and over the past 3 years has been the lead pitching presenter at the Massachusetts, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Arkansas, Indiana, Ohio, Oregon and Louisiana high school baseball associations. In addition, 34 of Coach Wolforth's pitchers have been drafted since 2001 and over 50 have topped 90 mph."

Jaeger's coach and player testimonials are too lengthy to post here. They can be found at:

http://www.jaegersports.com/Player-Testimonials/

Both of them have been highly successful in the area that they work.

As I have posted numerous times the problem with Mike Marshall and his disciples is that you always seem to position your arguments suggesting that his way is the only right way and everyone else is wrong. (Same thing with Dick Mills) The “my way or the highway” kind of approach just does not work in any field, let alone pitching where there are many ways to be successful at it.

He is absolutely spot on regarding the whole genetic age area and when kids should be pitching and how much. There is also a lot to be said about throwing from the “other side of the baseball” to give the batter a different look. However he has not demonstrated a “body of work” over a long period of time showing his methods work and can be successful. His business was a failure and was shut down for not being financially viable. In fact he was a successful MLB pitcher and did not subscribe to his “new approach” while he was in the Bigs. No one really needs to say much more than this.

He/you have so much to offer other than this mumbo jumbo that you preach all of the time. I suggest you find some common ground.