Skip to main content

Reply to "Marshall mechanics"

Cabbagedad,

quote:
..can't believe I'm stepping into this...

We need more people talking about this not less. This is an important discussion for youth athletes in particular because they are susceptible to many more injuries because of their early stages of development.
quote:
This is coming from an innocent bystander in a nuetral corner who is always looking to learn and keep up on new findings, methodology, etc.

All I ever do is give my opinion on how to prevent injuries to youth players with this information. I have tested the information because of the same curiosity that you speak of in yourself.
quote:
Some observations, questions and things I don't understand...

You only need to hear each explanation as it exists to understand.
quote:
When asked how many students are in MLB, you answer with a guy who hasn't pitched in almost 30 years and a guy who you admit chose not to stay on the program.

I gave 4 MLB pitchers (Marshall,Kubenca, Saenes And Sparks) that performed very well at a high level, debunking BOF’s false allegation that it could not be done with these top half mechanics. This has repeatedly been done now yet he persists. I did not give you Tommy John who Marshall re-engineered his mechanics and rehad after his surgery so he could set the record for longevity after UCL reconstruction surgery, he still holds that record.
quote:
“BOF replied with an extensive list of recent MLB and college affiliations, specific number of draftees and those that topped 90 as well as a link for additional info on Jaeger.”

BOF as usual gives you a list of people whom are using a “long toss” program and not the traditional injurious mechanics that Jaeger teaches. I’m willing to bet that not one College or High school coach in America needs Jaeger to form their long toss drills or Jack Lellanes surgical tubing exercises let alone buy them. BOF once stated that Jaeger worked with some pitchers on their mechanics and that is why they pitch above 100 mph when he himself knows how velosity works genetically, now this same player who he will not name is continually on the year long DL because of multiple injuries like the rest.
quote:
”You then tell him to "put up or shut up". I don't understand where he has not put up”

He is not willing to state again who these pitchers are that have used Jaegers mechanics
because of the injurious history associated with them, in the same way ASMI does not divulge their mechanics performers yet uses them in their bogus studies.
quote:
”You say you won't list more players because you are on a post length watch”

None of my posts are any longer than most when reading just what I have written to answer quotes yet I’m the one that is warned to keep it short so I do.
quote:
“BOF states that you position your arguments suggesting that "his way is the only right way". You claim this is false - but "they are the only non-injurious force applications". Surely, you can't believe that this implies anything other than "the only right way"???.”

The ways in which the traditional force application is taught today is injurious at many junctures, Marshalls is not, that’s all I’m saying! People still have the right to use the injurious force application if they choose to but at least they have a chance to know where they can go to attain the non-injurious mechanics and the difference’s. Has nothing to do with right or wrong unless you believe like me that youth pitchers should not be using unsafe techniques “do no harm”.
quote:
“BOF states many positives regarding Marshall teachings yet you repeatedly call him a Marshall hater... don't understand that either.”

BOF has only recently begun doing this yet never states what they are but then ends his statements as if he is an expert in the information that a pitcher will then not make higher levels of competition if you do. This is only true with the bottom half mechanic that is squashed at every level.
This is a lie and he knows it and I just proved it.
quote:
”You state or strongly imply in a few different threads that the baseball establishment from HS to MLB won't allow for Marshall mechanics to be used?”

This is a fact! When dealing with the bottom half mechanics that are not ballistic so they can be seen. The top half mechanics that are ballistic we can perform and do but since most recruiters and scouts do not use high speed video they can not see the mechanics so they rely heavily on their radar guns. When dealing with the full version Crowstep mechanic all levels balk from LL and up.
quote:
“sometimes even releasing players because Marshall trained them. Do you really believe there is such a conspiracy?”

Understand this! Dr.Marshall is the leading expert in the world on overhead throwing and the implications of injurious to non-injurious human motor movements. Do you see him working for any MLB team? Maybe because he helped start the players union and had a leading role in implementing free agency has something to do with being blackballed by owners I don’t know but I do know asking coaches to look at a different way to pitch at any level has been stopped immediately, this is a fact and takes no form really believing it
quote:
”Sorry, these are just the impressions I'm left with after reading some of your posts.”

Knowing the whole story would help you in your understanding but I could care less about the story although I know it, I’m only interested in protecting youth pitchers and people like BOF ensure the continuation and confusion about the difference between injurious mechanics and safe ones.