Skip to main content

Reply to "Matt Smith"

Didn't speak with Matt today. They are playing Arizona State right now and ahead.

Matt's diagnosis was not iffy. The trainer knew the diagnosis when they were on the field. A physicians assistant and the physician did separate exams and both diagnosed II and II plus within just a few seconds.

Matt said that when he was trying to stay in the game, he squatted and moved side to side and said, "my left knee just rammed into my right knee and I couldn't stop it".

This one will have a happy ending but its gonna be a few weeks.

Poignant paragraph in the Lubbock paper today.

quote:
Zachry readily admits he won't be able to replace Smith's offensive production. Smith entered the Kansas State series ranked 14th in the league in batting average (.370) and ranked in the top 10 in hits (54), home runs (7), walks (22), doubles (14), RBIs (41) and total bases (90). They were numbers that put him in serious contention for all-Big 12 honors and landed him on the watch list for the Johnny Bench Award, given annually to the nation's best collegiate catcher

Glad you enjoyed yourself Vanlandingham. That'll get in your blood and is more addictive than the hsbaseballweb, ain't it?

And while I reviewed those intentional walks with a coworker today, she pointed out that they headed directly to 1B, mouths closed, with no body language, as apparently instructed....

Maybe they learned some baseball this weekend.
Last edited by FormerObserver