Skip to main content

Reply to "May of Junior year + sudden injury = Post Grad year / re-class & many questions (pls help! 😳)"

@bandera posted:

If the answer was YES, it would ruin his draftability, you would still get it done.   So there is no point asking.  the reality is his ability will decide if he is drafted. Zero chance without the surgery.

Get him repaired and then evaluate your next move.   One year PG would be more affordable than two years reclassified at a private.   Also a year at a JUCO might be the best option to demonstrate recovery and ability post surgery.  Google Rick at Informed Athlete and schedule a consultation.

for the love of Pete - HE IS GETTING THE SURGERY!!

Once again, I'm not asking about whether or not he should be getting the surgery..

I'm just trying to think ahead about what we are going to do, and HOW to go about doing it given he is having it & missing the rest of this year (& maybe into this time next year)..  😳

Because he's been in touch with a LOT of coaches that have his schedule of tournaments, showcases and camps (including theirs).

Obviously, fairly soon, he's going to need to reach back out to those coaches and say "hey Coach, my plan is to do xxxxx"

PS:  THANKS for the Rick @Informed Athlete tip - googling him now.  ❤️