Skip to main content

Reply to "May of Junior year + sudden injury = Post Grad year / re-class & many questions (pls help! 😳)"

@keewart posted:

Here is a link I found (you probably did too). You would have to go through all 138 to find out if they have baseball:

https://www.boardingschoolrevi...ate-boarding-schools

I know someone who was accepted by one of the Academies but was advised to take a PG year first.  Also, some Ivy's will do the same, with and without a guarantee for a spot the following year.   I know of an ACC coach that recruited a player (listed on the players Perfect Game page) but all of a sudden he is at a Juco.  THEN he goes to the ACC school.  Similar situation happened with a local pitcher, and Ol Miss (went to a JuCo first - Florence-Darlington).  Usually when this happens there are too many players for the recruited Freshman to play his freshman year, and the player needs reps/playing time.  Btw, that pitcher who went to Florence-Darlington then Ol Miss....drafted as a junior.

This is a practice that's been going on since son went to college. Basically for walk ons. Show up for class and practice and then due to roster limits or a poor fall, go to local Juco and we will take you next fall.  Some coaches will not redshirt.