Skip to main content

Reply to "May of Junior year + sudden injury = Post Grad year / re-class & many questions (pls help! 😳)"

You guys have jumped on YachtRocker for looking to the future.  Trying to develop a plan for his son as/when he recovers.  That does not make him a bad parent but a good one.  It is like planning for retirement or putting money away for college rather than counting on baseball.  It is planning which is what many of us A type personalities do.  He came here asking for advice from someone who had been there as to pros and cons on taking a post grad year since his son was hurt.  Some of you have blasted him as a bad parent because, in your opinions, he was more worried about baseball than his son.  I can tell you when my son was hurt last year, I did the same thing.  I looked at every opportunity to get him the best care for his current situation but also looked at the worst case scenario just in case I would have a plan to help him through it.  I understand.  When our kids are hurt, we fill out time by trying to help them with a plan before they need it.  JMO