Skip to main content

Reply to "May of Junior year + sudden injury = Post Grad year / re-class & many questions (pls help! 😳)"

@PitchingFan posted:

You guys have jumped on YachtRocker for looking to the future.  Trying to develop a plan for his son as/when he recovers.  That does not make him a bad parent but a good one.  It is like planning for retirement or putting money away for college rather than counting on baseball.  It is planning which is what many of us A type personalities do.  He came here asking for advice from someone who had been there as to pros and cons on taking a post grad year since his son was hurt.  Some of you have blasted him as a bad parent because, in your opinions, he was more worried about baseball than his son.  I can tell you when my son was hurt last year, I did the same thing.  I looked at every opportunity to get him the best care for his current situation but also looked at the worst case scenario just in case I would have a plan to help him through it.  I understand.  When our kids are hurt, we fill out time by trying to help them with a plan before they need it.  JMO

PF,

I agree with you. Developing a plan is important.  This poster had no plan, he was just throwing out stuff and he wanted answers. Not too many  reclassified due to injury, its expensive and most players do not need 5 years of HS because they got hurt. He was all over the place with the surgery and rehab plan.

PTWOOD gave advice on IMG.

Baseballhs gave great advice of the current state of affairs in college baseball.

RJM gave sage advice as did anotherparent.

I understand how you felt last year. When son had to have surgery while on ML roster, he was designated for assignment. Many have had similar situations, had injuries, lost their position, cut from program, etc. $hit happens to everyone.  Before we could proceed they had to see what was going on.  It was a simple fix, but a longer than expected rehab. Did we go crazy, no.

What was so terrible in suggesting get surgery asap and see what's going on?  He said his son was a position player, that's a shorter rehab.

Everyone these days should look to the future if something happens. We have definetly had parents or players come here with injuries and advice.  And it's always been given with the best intentions.

What is the first thing said. Take care of injury  asap.

Right Francis?

Many are coming here about their playets getting cut, not playing, what do you do? Good advice has been given, in a really tough college baseball environment. 

I don't know what went wrong with yachtrocker. Probably the manic attitude, then the nasty attitude.  We don't need that. If you have so many people helping, why come here? 

Definetly ask those coaches for their opinion.

My advice. If you don't like us here, move on.