Skip to main content

Reply to "Medium Priority Recruit?"

quote:
Originally posted by Infield08:
I think I would ask.

"Coach, my son says you told him that he is a medium priority recruit. Would you mind defining that? Would he be guaranteed a spot on the team or would he simply have an opportunity to try out? Also, what do you think his chances are for admissions to the school?"

Infield08 - your advice is 100% correct.

First, chimera welcome to the hsbbweb!

Second - coaches are just like you and me. They have a phone number and will be glad to answer all your questions. This message board can only offer second-hand speculation as to what that coach meant. Call them and find out. Beyond just this situation, it is always best to go straight to the source and find out what they think rather than devine it from mere speculation of the message board.

While it is true that D3's do not offer athletic scholarships, coaches still recruit players in a similar manner from my experience. Those players that are highly sought after by the coach will most assuredly not be showing up in the fall as walk-on type of players imo. All players have to remember that no matter who recruits them that there will be other players there to compete against them when they arrive on campus. Each of those players will have similar goals and aspirations and they were all great high school players in their own right. That is just the nature of the beast at the collegiate level.
Last edited by ClevelandDad