Skip to main content

Reply to "Mental help for parent"

Redfish makes a great point...and is exactly what we did.   Along those lines,  I guess I could add....my son tried out for a top level 10U team over an hour from home in the fall while he was still 8...he had been competing in our "local" league with kids 2 grades older than him...and wanted to play better competition (his idea...not mine...lol)  Of those 10 kids on that team ( 6 were playing at their age level...and 4 played up)...here's where they are now.

6  are now 2014's....1 playing D1 baseball, 1 playing D1 golf, 2 playing D2 baseball (1 at defending National Champs)...2 playing at a very good JUCO

4 are now 2015's.....1 committed to D1...1 committed to D1 for soccer, but probably will go pro....1 committed to D2 as a QB...1 will likely go D1 in basketball

Several of those kids played with him the following year...plus 2 additions  1 of those is a 2015 who is committed to a Big 12 school and a 2014 playing at a very good JUCO.

I guess what I'm saying is we always had a pretty good idea he could play with the top level kids....so hoping/wishing he could play D1 wasn't a huge stretch.  If you're not playing with or against top level kids, you'll have a hard time knowing where your son fits in. 

Last edited by Buckeye 2015