Skip to main content

Reply to "Mental Illness"

Having been involved with youth sports for more years that I can count, I have seen the situations like this over and over from the 8 year old to the 18 year old-- so do not feel that you are alone because you are not--

Also be advised that many colleges and universities have special situations for students with "learning disorders", I much prefer this term to "mental illness", and if acknowledeged can make a difference for a young man or woman getting into college and then getting the support they need.

My son had a learning disorder, not bi-polar, but a learning disorder nonetheless and had an excellent college career both on the baseball field and in the classroom.

Since we are involved with assisting players to get into college we want to know if any such conditions exist and if on medication we want to know so that we can sort of watch over the player and make sure all goes well and that the colleges he is talking to are aware--as I noted above many college/universities have special conditions for student athletes like this.

If we can be of any assistance feel free to contact us