Skip to main content

Reply to "Methodist College"

My son went to Methodist last year as a freshman pitcher. He liked the school and Coach Austin is good coach and a fine human being. The school is a little small for my sons taste but the baseball team is a close knit group and he has made some lifelong friends. As far as over recruiting goes, Methodist expresses an interest in players they believe can play at their level. But all players must try out. I believe their were 80 kids that tried out including returning players. I think they carry about 31 players on the varsity squad and a similar number on the developmental team. My son was fortunate enough to make the varsity squad however he also pitched in some developmental games to increase his pitching time. Methodist was very strong last year and will be even stronger this year as very few players graduated last year. So there are many kids that try out for the team and some do get cut and some play on the developmental team, but Coach Austin is always very up front regarding this procedure at Methodist. I hope this helps