Skip to main content

Reply to "Methodist College"

As far as the academics go, For the first semester, as part of the baseball team, you are requeired to go to study hall which if I remember correctly is right outside Coach Austin's office. Once you have proven you can handle the academics and the baseball schedule satisactorily then you are are not required to go any longer. Can't remember what GPA you had to have to be released from required study hall.

My son is fairly intellegent so he received enough academic money to put the tuition in line with state supported universities, but if your GPA and SAT scores aren't great then Methodist is a fairly expensive school

The campus is well kept and security on and off the campus is pretty tight so I was never worried about his safe keeping. The school however is what it is. To my amazement it is one of the top three schools in the country for I think they call it a Golf Managment degree. Methodist has its own 18 hole golf course and young adults flock from all over the country to try and get in. It is a liberal arts college so my son who wants to be a chemical engineer has to settle for a dual degree in Math and Chemistry. The average class size was about 15 to 20 kids so individualized attention if you need it can be had especially if the student is willing to assert himself. For my son his desire to get his chemical engineering degree outweighed his desire to play ball so he transferred to NC State to pursue this dream. But like I said the baseball group is close knit and he keeps in regular contact with a lot of the players and in fact his roommate at NC State is a ballplayer he played with at Methodist.

They do play a fall ball schedule prior to the regualar schedule. The team is close and they have fun. They are very serious about their baseball but what I saw was a close group of guys that worked hard and played hard. It was a good experience for my son and one I would not change for anything