Skip to main content

Reply to "Mid-Majors and..."

@RJM posted:

Go by the power rankings (RPI is one) rather than P5 or mid major. It will give you a better idea of the top, middle and bottom. To me it’s top fifty, next fifty and the rest.

I saw my son as a mid major prospect. He chose and up and coming unranked P5 with an up and coming coach. The team ended up top twenty a couple of times while he was there.

Mine was the same. Most people don’t realize that Tennessee was that team.  Bottom team in SEC when son committed.  Had not been to Hoover in years.  Son just wanted to play in Hoover.  So far, has been to Hoover, been to CWS, won SEC regular and tournament championships, was #1 and set all kinds of records.  Son will be forever in UT Record books.  Led team in era last year.  Can lead or be top 5 in 3 categories after this year if he has a decent season and throws 15 innings.  You never know how quickly everything can change.  
I still think ultimately he is an upper mid major player but has worked real hard.  Or maybe it is just the mustache and flow. 😂