Skip to main content

Reply to "Mid Season Transfers"

phillyinNJ posted:

Son was cut from team after the fall concluded and has since, withdrawn from the classes and now will be looking for a new school in spring.  He has already signed up at the local Juco but does he have to ask for permission to speak with them about baseball from his older school?  Why he was cut is a big mystery as he was leading the fall team in hitting and defense, works his tail off day and night both academic and baseball (not only when the coach was looking, but when he wasn't as well), and even had chants of "MVP" during scrimmages in fall every time he got up to bat or made a diving catch from the players on his team due to his performance. His meeting with the coach at the end of the year he was expecting to be named a front runner for RF (if not being named the starter), so being "let go" came as a little shock.  He has about 50 plus credits already (had 20 plus from AP in high school and took summer classes), so he is only a few classes away from getting his associates that he will attain this spring.  It was a D3 and i know someone will say why even attempt to play at another school if he is not a pro prospect, but i will just say that the kid doesn't want it to end like this.  He is 6'1 with a sub 7 60 and 90 plus EV with wood bat...so he would like to finish out his college career and then would like to coach on the side after college.

So, with all that said...any experience with this out there and if so, how likely or what COA does he take in order to start discussion with other coaches. 

send me a PM, we can talk. I will be back in the office after lunch time.