Skip to main content

Reply to "Mid Season Transfers"

cabbagedad posted:
phillyinNJ posted:
TerribleBPthrower posted:

Why would he withdraw from classes instead of finishing the semester? Does that have any impact on his grades or is it as if he was never enrolled in them?

no impact on grades as even with the lost semester, he has over 50 plus credit hours...he had 25 going into college freshman year and took two classes during the summer.  He's a deans list student.

Not my area of expertise but I think what Terrible was referring to is that at most places, if you don't drop by a certain early date, official transcripts reflect something negative - not sure if that is "failed", "incomplete" or other.  I am curious to hear your particular situation as it relates to this just as a learning point for me and anyone else here interested.

He got two transcripts upon his departure and it just had a “w” for withdrawal next to the courses.  He brought his transcript to the juco here next to us and already pre registered to finish the 3 or 4 courses he needs for the associates.  No issues from the academic side from what i can see but not my area of expertise by any means. :-)