Skip to main content

Reply to "Middle Infield side-fielding technique"

Vance,

This was written by us in the thread that seems to bother you so much. I think you practice selective reading. It also appears on our site. We do not and never have taken credit for anyone being drafted.

Yes, of course… We have had thousands of players who were not drafted as well. Guess I don’t get it. I sure hope no one thinks that all you have to do is attend a PG event and presto you’re a draft pick. This is what we publicly stated!!!! I’ll let others decide if this is bragging or if they think there is more to it.

quote:
We used to refer to all these draft picks as PG Players. Please everyone, understand that we are not laying claim for these players getting drafted. Our job is to identify talented players, not to develop them, draft them or recruit them. That is why we use the term "attended PG events" rather than "PG Player". We don't deserve any credit for the vast majority of talented players who attend our events and go on to get College Scholarships or become draft picks. We understand that Justin Upton would have been what he is, with or without PG. For the most part, we didn't make them outstanding players. We just were lucky enough to watch them perform.

The credit should go to the many coaches, teams, teammates, instructors, parents and most of all, to the individual players themselves. Many of these players play in excellent summer and fall programs. Some of these draft picks owe a lot to those outstanding high level programs. Without those programs PG would miss a lot of talented players.

Last, but not least, people should really appreciate those who are involved in scouting for Major League Clubs and the many college coaches who scout and recruit hard. Without these people, we would all be wasting our time.
MLB Scouts and College Coaches are the most important people in this whole process. They are the people who make the most important decisions! Lucky for us is that they follow what we do very closely, whether they actually attend the events or not.

The above also appears on our site.

So I ask Vance… What facts have you stated. By the way, just the truth not bragging. We used to donate our time to run the Iowa American Legion State Tournament for 5 years before the rest of the country even heard of Perfect Game. This last PM I will respond to you. I’m sorry I got involved in this thread.
Last edited by PGStaff