Skip to main content

Reply to "MiLB - Experimental Rules"

I see the problems with the rule and not sure I have good suggestion for improvement on it outside of letting it playout to what tweaks are needed to make it work. That being said the concept I think is good, it speeds the game and more importantly puts some action back in the game.

I think the game of MLB is suffering and ultimately will go on decline due to the way the game is played. I am not saying it will die, not saying the world is ending...I am saying that with the shift, deep deep counts, the gyrations on the mound and in the box, the amazing amount of pitching changes etc that I think the game has a problem. I love playoff baseball but lets face it 4 hour games are to long, games with the majority of AB that end in a HR, K or flyball are really that exciting...for the game to continue to grow and prosper I  think it needs to be tweaked.

I realize in advance that every person on this site is a hardcore baseball person and many or most will disagree but I am thinking on the business model. No matter what anyone's opinion of baseball is, the business model is the most important thing. Somehow they have to figure out how to put more action into the game at a quicker pace.